Chilly Temps can equal dry, chapped lips ... Let's make yours smile!
DIY Homemade - All Natural (& yummy) - Lip Scrub
As part of our New Year - New Beginnings theme, we're excited to start sharing some of our favourite, DIY skin care recipes - one each month. First up, here’s one for a Pure & Simple exfoliating lip scrub that can help naturally remove dead skin while moisturizing your smile.
Super easy ... Five minutes + three naturally nourishing ingredients that are probably in your kitchen right now!
Fresh & Natural Ingredients:
- 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey (local organic honey for the WIN)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Mix honey and coconut oil in a bowl. These will be thicker/harder at cooler temps. For ease of mixing, you can soften each in a double boiler or microwave, being careful to avoid full melting. If full melting occurs, allow ingredient to cool in fridge for a few minutes before mixing.
- Add sugar and whip to fluffy consistency.
- Transfer to a glass jar.
- Apply as needed - Don’t be afraid to lick your lips :)
Happy New Year - Live pure and simple - Live Purple!