Many of us are overloaded with busy schedules and responsibilities... the last thing we feel like doing at the end of a long day, is (not that... tsk tsk) performing a nightly skin care routine. Be honest, do you make the time to cleanse and moisturize your face at the end of each day? This practise really can make a difference in your complexion and helping your skin to retain it's youthful glow.
Why do we need to be committed to nightly skin care? Think of all that your face/skin is exposed to throughout your day... dust, dirt, greasy smog, environmental pollutants, sweat, bacteria... not to mention the layers of products that you may have applied earlier in the day... moisturizer, SPF, foundation, concealer, blush, etc. Cleansing before bedtime allows your skin a chance to breathe and hydrate, while your body goes into "rest & repair mode" as you sleep. If you don't cleanse thoroughly and consistently, your skin can become dull and congested (clogged pores, blemishes, blackheads) while showing premature signs of ageing.
The key is to keep it simple. Create a nightly cleansing ritual that you can stick to. It doesn't need to be complicated with a counter full of expensive products, but it does have to offer some element that you enjoy... scent, texture, ease of application... even if its the pretty bottle that entices you to enjoy the product. Find whatever it takes to make it more likely that you will faithfully follow your night time cleansing routine. I have a friend who makes listening to a favourite song on her Ipod part of her nightly face care routine. Ear phones in, she has her face cleansed and moisturized by the end of one track... and some dance moves performed.
- Cleanse nightly.
- Exfoliate every 2nd or 3rd evening, depending on your skin type (Skin Type Quiz - click here)
- Tone (following cleanser) optional - if you really find the cleansing routine a challenge and are discouraged by multiple products and steps, you may wish to skip Toner, or do it every 2nd evening. If you enjoy the Toner step, use it again in the AM prior to moisturizing.
- Moisturize while skin is still damp, to help lock in moisture.
- For anyone who wants to take that extra step towards fabulous skin, apply a Facial Mask 1 time per week.
In the morning, just rinse your face with some luke warm water and a wash cloth, apply moisturizer and SPF...
- Choose a gentle skin cleanser, one that will not disturb your natural moisture barrier.
- Use finger tips to apply cleanser to face, in upward and circular motion, gently massaging product into skin. This will help to lift the tiny facial hairs and allow product to get deep into pores.
- Apply moisturizers and serums, from thinnest to thickest formulations. Applying a thicker formulation first may prevent the thinner products from penetrating deep into the layers of skin, where they best work their magic.
When your head hits the pillow, know that you have taken steps to nourish and nurture your skin... steps that will pay off for your complexion, daily and years down the road.
* Remember it takes 21 days to form a habit - stick with it.
Purple Essentials Face Care Products:
Orange & Rosemary Cleanser - Orange & Rosemary Cleanser thoroughly cleanses the skin to remove surface impurities and make-up without disturbing the delicate moisture and oil balance of the skin. Contains humectants that actually draw water into the top layer of the skin, leaving your skin with a soft, supple, smooth feeling after cleansing.
|2 oz. $14 / 4oz. $24|
Cleansing Grains (exfoliator) - Gently clears and exfoliates dull, congested pores. A mild, nourishing blend, suitable for balancing all skin types.
|42g Tube $8 / 85g Jar $18|
Peppermint Pore Toner (facial balancer) - Gently tones pores. Soothes the skin while hydrating and helping to balance the complexion. A non-drying blend of alcohol free witch hazel, aloe vera juice, vitamin E, and peppermint .
|2oz. $12 / 4oz. $24|
Rejuvenating Serum (moisturizer) - Effectively lessens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while nourishing and plumping the skin. Packed with skin nourishing vitamins and antioxidants, this formula helps to restore, activate and advance your skin's preservation system.
* Refining Face Mask (toning, tightening mask) - Clay and fruit extracts, antioxidant rich, deep cleansing and toning. This product leaves skin feeling soft and renewed. Contains: pink, green, blue and white clays with extracts of apple, cucumber, pineapple, ginger and green tea.
To order visit our Purple Essentials website.