Every once in a while we all need a little blueberry bliss! One of my favourite treats is to enjoy fresh (wild or organic when possible) Blueberries… all by themselves or on breakfast oatmeal, in yogurt, in baked goods, in salads, or this delicious recipe Goat Cheese Tart with carmalized onions and blueberries… the list can go on and on. These berries are supercharged with anti-aging phytochemicals, and packed with Vitamin C… good for your immune system and your skin.
Try this is PURPLE (pure & simple) delight for your skin.
Quick and easy to prepare, this mask is perfect for soothing and rejuvenating the skin. It promotes cellular renewal, protects cells from the damaging effects of the environment, and helps to hydrate your skin. Don’t be afraid to lick your lips with this mask on... mmm mmm good!
- Place 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries (wild or organic when possible) into blender or food processor, (a mini food processor works well for this recipe)
- Add the fresh juice of half a lemon
- Blend for a few seconds
- Add one generous Tablespoon of raw honey
- Add 2 Tablespoons of plain (Greek) yogurt
- Add 2 Tablespoons of oatmeal (old fashioned)
- Pulse until the mixture is processed into a smooth, creamy paste.
Apply with mask brush or clean fingers, to face and neck area (avoiding eyes), in thick layer, and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
Rinse off with warm water and soft cotton cloth.
* Keep unused portion in airtight container in refrigerator for 3-5 days