That was 14 years ago. (Wow time flies!)
Having sensitive skin myself... finding a soothing, balancing, skin nourishing blend was my goal.
Goal achieved :)
Purple Essentials Cleansing Grains offer a gentle yet effective blend of;
- exfoliating and
- skin balancing herbs, grains and clay.
In preparing our products, we blend with organic ingredients as much as possible (crops and time of year tend to dictate availability and pricing).
These Cleansing Grains can be combined with any cleanser, to create an exfoliating paste.
Or with small amount of honey and yogurt to create a moisturising facial mask.
Here is a pic of the batch just put together, before it is ground into a finely milled product.
- Organic Ground Oats (help to balance oils the skin naturally produces, anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, soothing, moisturising and cleansing)
- Organic Rice Flour (gently exfoliating, anti-inflammatory, skin soothing, high in ferulic acid and allantoin)
- Green Volcanic Clay (mineral rich, oil wicking, skin toning, helps to bring fresh blood to damaged skin cells)
- Golden Cornmeal (gently exfoliating with spherical granules)
- Organic Wheat Germ (antioxidant, regenerative, rich in skin nourishing vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids)
- Organic Soy Flour (helps to break down skin impurities while reinforcing skin's natural balance)
- French Lavender Buds (calming, soothing, balancing to the skin, while encouraging new cell growth, anti-inflammatory)
All of these natural ingredients combine to create a gentle exfoliating scrub and or moisturising/toning facial mask that helps to unclog pores and revitalise the complexion.
Just put on an Elvis CD!
Not sure why, but the weeks before Christmas make me crave a little Elvis music (and the occasional Elvis movie).
Blue Christmas & Don't Be Cruel, rocking the studio!!
Lol I think my parents must have played Elvis through the holidays when we were growing up...
Next up - Fruit Extracts Toning Facial Mask...