In this day and age, our bodies are exposed to countless toxins everyday ... in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the clothes we wear (especially chemical laden, new clothing), the medications we are prescribed, the personal care products many use on a daily basis and, of course, in the water we drink and bathe in. All of these toxins, if allowed to accumulate in the body, may combine to reach a tipping point - a point where they create irritation and inflammation, affecting many body systems and preventing them from functioning properly. And, if our systems are out of whack, then we are certainly more susceptible to sickness, illness and disease.
So, let's back up ... back before the tipping point. To support overall wellness, there is a pure and simple, self-care therapy we can easily perform to help facilitate and boost our body's natural detoxification system - a detoxifying bath soak.
Of course a balanced diet, juicing and exercise are all great long-term steps towards healthy living and naturally detoxing the body, and should be a goal for each of us. However, baths soaks can. For immediately addressing committing to a regular detoxifying bath soak is an easy and effective tool for help your body's systems both flush toxins and remineralize - while, at the same time, allowing you to the time to relax and de-stress. Committing to a regular soak, not only helps to boost our health and well-being, but it also strengthens our immune system and keeps our body systems balanced and healthy.
The specialized ingredients found in a properly formulated bath soak, combined with the process of soaking for 20 min+ in hot water, can provide the following benefits:
• Ease stress, while improving both sleep & concentration
• Help muscles and nerves function properly
• Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
• Improve oxygen levels in the body
• Improve absorption of nutrients in the body
• Help prevent or ease migraine headaches
• Soothes body aches
• Relieves eczema
• Reduce digestive distress
• Relieve fatigue, "head fog” and sinus congestion
• And of course… flush toxins.
Purple Essentials Bath Soaks are an all natural holistic therapy for your skin, senses and wellbeing. Our Bath Soaks are formulated with Epsom Salt also known as magnesium sulfate, Dead Sea Salt, Pink Himalayan Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate a variety of mineral rich all natural clays and pure essential oils, from all over the globe. While the salts help to add magnesium and important minerals back into the body, the clay particles actually pull the toxins out of the body and into the clay molecule. Aromatherapy benefits come from inhaling and absorbing the effects of the pure essential oils.
Here We Go ... Time for a little SELF CARE:
1. It's important to hydrate yourself with filtered water before and after. *TIP - Citrus water is a great option.
2. Pour approx 1 cup of Bath Soak under running hot water and fill tub. Ideally, the water should be quite hot - hot enough to create a sustained, gentle sweat.
3. Immerse yourself up to neck for 20-30 min. Relax and let the ingredients do their thing … but remember to breathe deeply & enjoy the aromatherapy benefits of the chosen blend.
4. Remember to avoid using harsh soaps or shampoos during your detox soak, as your pores are open and can more easily absorb the chemicals found in those products, directly into your body.
5. Once you are done soaking, rise out of the tub very slowly and cautiously. You may feel a little dizzy and light-headed. *TIP - This effect can be minimized by drinking a large glass of lemon water while soaking..
6. Once dry you can apply a natural moisturizer like Purple Essentials Mango Body Balm or Whipped Body Crème, being careful to avoid lotions with perfumes, dyes or chemicals.
7. Do not eat immediately before or after taking a detox bath. (You want your energy stores to go towards detoxing not digesting)
8. Allow time after your bath to rest and rejuvenate. The recommended follow up to a Purple Essentials Bath Soak is going straight to bed - allow your body to enter its nightly "rest & repair phase". Relaxation and sleep will ease your detox effects.
Ready to give your body a good reboot? All that's left is to pick the recipe that suits your body's needs the best ...
Detox+ = cleanse your body & flush your system
Dream+ = cleanse your body & rest your mind
Immune+ = cleanse your body & boost your systems
Muscle+ = cleanse your body & ease your aches
What a wonderful experience awaits ... Enjoy & Live Well!